Know More About Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Corona Virus Symptoms
Coughing & Sneezing
Shortness of breath
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is transmitted through direct contact with respiratory droplets of an infected person (generated through coughing and sneezing). Individuals can also be infected from touching surfaces contaminated with the virus and touching their face (e.g., eyes, nose, mouth). There is currently no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food. The COVID-19 virus may survive on surfaces for several hours, but simple disinfectants can kill it.